I’ll point out some of the highlights:
- 1.1B Global Mobile 3G Subscribers, 37% Growth, Q4 – @ Only 18% of Mobile Subscribers. Impressive 29% of USA Adults Own Tablet / eReader,Up from 2% Less Than Three Years Ago. Despite Tremendous Ramp So Far,Smartphone User Adoption Has Huge Upside.
- Global Mobile Traffic Growing Rapidly to 10% of Internet Traffic
- Rapidly Growing Mobile Internet Usage SurpassedMore Highly Monetized Desktop Internet Usage in May, 2012, in India
- eCPMs 5x Lower on Mobile than Desktop
- ARPU (Average Revenue per User) 1.7-5x Lower on Mobile than Desktop
It seems that monetizing mobile went from being an opportunity to a necessity for survival.